Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today I will be self-evaluating my demonstration speech. To begin, I'll start with my performance involving informational content. I believe my explanation its relevance was expressed well as I stated a valid reason as to why this skill could be useful, and I restated the relevance at the end of the speech as well. I provided an adequate explanation of the topic, but I believe I could have added some more background information, as it is a topic that not many people know much about. I appeared to be well organized during my speech, but my breakdown of steps needed some work. I was very nervous ( I have a very difficult time speaking in public), and I forgot to add the step of removing the cables from the back of the computer and showing how to replace the CPU on the computer.
Moving on, I will discuss my physical presentation. My energy and enthusiasm seemed to be too low, again most likely due to my fear of public speaking. My volume and visibility seemed to be good, but it's difficult to tell from the video. Right before the speech I made a mental note to work on eye contact, so it was good for this speech. Finally, my body language could have used a little more work, but it was adequate, and my physical demonstration of my topic was good.
My visual aid seemed to be very effective as it was what my speech was based around, and I hope it provided interest. I should have held it at an angle because it was difficult to tell exactly what was going on from a seated position.
Now for the general questions. I would definitely choose this topic again. I've always been interested in computers and it's a very fun topic for me. To change my speech, I would add more content/explanations and, as I already stated, I would make my visual aid a little easier to see. The one thing that I would add to my speech if I could give it again is more content.

No comments:

Post a Comment